Summary of Position
Reporting to the manufacturing Team Leader, Associates are involved in all direct production activities to help ensure the site’s achievement of all customer requirements on cost, quality and delivery. This could involve working independently or as part of a team unit, which will vary on production requirements. Associates will therefore have to be flexible in their approach to help the business adapt to customer demands.
- Direct production work such as assembly/manufacture of parts or packing of parts in line with working instructions and/or as directed by the Team Leader for the section to achieve targets for levels of production.
- Ensure correct use of any equipment/tools required for assembly to make sure they are used safely and in line with guidelines.
- Activities to support production activity including movement of materials, conducting basic checks/testing and completing documentation/filling in job board where required.
- Packing finished good into the crates/containers specified by the customer.
- Monitoring and escalation of any problems from production to the Team Leader or Line Leader/Leading Hand and working with them to help resolve any issues.
- Taking part in any continuous improvement or 5S activities when required.
- Ensuring quality procedures and special care points are followed while actively working to maintain and improve levels of quality. This includes highlighting any defects/problems to the Line Leader/Team Leader and working with them to bring a resolution.
- To ensure all Health and Safety guidelines are followed at all times including wearing of any appropriate PPE for the job.
- Take part in training activities to advance skills and improve knowledge.
- General housekeeping and cleaning to ensure your work area is clear and safe.
Key Business Priorities for Role (inc KPI and Targets)
- Achievement of personal production target and team production targets.
- 0% quality errors.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (ideally in the automotive industry).
- Ability to work to targets.
- Good team working skills.
- Flexible approach to hours and tasks at work.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Factory based
Reporting into: Team Leader.
Type of Supervision: Direct supervision, with targets for production and quality.
No of Direct Reports: (# and Job Titles): 0
Other Contacts (Internal): Line Leaders help with supplying with working materials and support the Team Leaders on supervising their section. Quality inspectors where required.
Other Contacts (External): None
Location: Arlington Automotive Coventry (CV4 9AQ)
Hours: 35 hours per week (usually day time shifts).
Annual Salary: £14,942.28 (£8.21 p/h) – £16,116.24 (£8.86 p/h).
Other benefits: Up to 6% matched contribution pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday) per year, Employee profit share scheme.